Friday, March 8, 2024

Mar 7 Denson Creek Hike

 

Anemone  hepatica

Denson Creek Trail incorporates a short and long loop from the Uwharrie Ranger Station outside Troy. You can add to the hike by using the Town of Troy Nature Trail and the Roy Maness Nature Preserve trails. I was not able to cross the creek today so my hike was shortened but still pleasant.


The Forest Service had a burn recently. Coming upon a homesite, I was able to find many pieces of metal and glass. The burn had left them exposed until the leaf fall occurs again.



The daffodils at this homesite, managed to not get crisp during the burn. 




Can't cross today


All bridges are cabled in place except the one I saw that had washed out of place. The topography near Denson Creek and Little River was steep punctuated with many drainage valleys. 







No comments:

Sep 9 Jostedal Glacier - On the Ice

  Our guides for the hike today are from Nepal. We are on the Jostedal glacier. The largest glacier in Europe. The ice is dirty and granular...