Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jan 14 Injun Creek















My final day of WWW and I decide I need to do something on my own. After and aborted attempt to go to Albright Grove, I settle on another Greenbrier hike. This one goes up and back on Injun Creek, an unofficial trail.

The stone structure above is the largest of several in the area. No one seems to know why they are there, I suspect, they were the work of a farmer with an artistic leaning.















I visited the McCarter Cemetery, previously visited only by a few coyotes. I followed there prints into the cemetery for the full 1/2 mile on the side trail.

Two stream crossings were a bit challenging. I had to take off my foot traction so I could negotiate the rock hop.

At the end of the trail and Camp 32, I enjoyed a spot of tea before heading back down and the long drive home.


No comments:

Apr 20 Waterwall on Walker Creek

  Waterwalls redirect floodwater back into the creekbed. There is one very near the Uwharrie Trail on the Walker Creek section. This one is ...