Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 10 False Gap Prong


This was an impromptu stroll in Greenbrier. Driving in, I knew I wanted to wander somewhere but not sure where. It has been rainy and many of the spots I considered, would be muddy. Once at the turn to Ramsey's Cascade, I decided to walk up to the cemetery and look for the trail which goes beyond. I recall this is the way to the big tree which is the focus of every Spring Wildflower Pilgrimages' final Sunday walk. Never having gone on that walk; it must be a zoo; I still wanted to see the tree. 


This isn't the tree. It is False Gap Prong in the background. As I wrote, it has been rainy.


Confluence of Porters Creek and Ramsey's (Middle) Prong. 


After leaving the cemetery and finding the trail, I headed off on an old road with an occasional chimney pile and stonewalls like this one. About 2 miles from the road I encountered a creek crossing which I was not prepared to do and turned back. Next time I will come prepared and with more time. Not far from the wall pictured above is a trail leading left or north which I did not follow but will next time.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...