Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Mar 23 Operation Bluebird


My Covid project for today is setting up bluebird boxes. I have 10 of them, numbered above 1-10. 
Then I located 10 cedar posts, all from trees cut during our timber cut. Then I put my PHD to work. Yes, I have a Post Hole Digger. The first six boxes, numbered 1-6 naturally, went up on our .6 mile gravel road. Beginning at Spinks Road, I measured off each tenth of a mile with my bicycle odometer and that is where I dug the holes. The rest of the boxes got scattered elsewhere on the property.



Before the first day ended, this Bluebird and his mate, staked out this box and vigorously defended it. 


Still to come are the snake and raccoon guards. I plan to use sheet metal wraps to prevent those creatures from accessing the boxes. 

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...