Friday, October 22, 2010

Sept 30 2010 Moore's Knob Loop

Finally, after a couple months of relative inactivity, I'm back on the trail albeit a step or two slower. I wanted to get in a good workout prior to this weekend's Pinnacle hike and to break in a new pair of boots. So far I love my Zamberlins.
I think these nasty creatures are earwigs. They were all over the observation tower on Moore's Knob. None landed on me but they were buzzing all around causing me to make a hasty retreat from the tower and knob.

The view from hanging Rock was quite nice today. All 3 of the triad cities were visible. There were a few ravens calling in the distance and a broadwing hawk overhead.



No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...