Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 28 Another Uwharrie ramble
















Odd looking tree here.

Today I began at Tot Hill TH, heading up Talbot Creek until it peters out into a series of pools. Turning right at this point I quickly found myself at Camp 7 on the Camp 3 Trail - got that. If you walk along the Camp 3 Trail a short way, you'll see an old right leaving left. Follow this a bit less than an a mile to an old homesite and some interesting solitary rock formation like the one at the bottom of this entry. Then you head uphill quickly to an exposed rock outcropping with many cedars. This is probably Cedar Rock Mtn.















From this point I headed back to Tot Hill TH but this time well away from Talbot, to the east. That is when I ran into this abandoned home, still set with furniture. I could see an electric line running here, maybe from Gray Owl Rd. There were fields surrounding this home, now thickets surround it. Following an old road, I crossed an active beaver pond on an old wooden bridge. I kept following this road to within about .4 of the TH.


No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...