Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wilderness First Aid Training















Twin Creeks Science Lab is located in the GSMNP just outside Gatlinburg on the Cherokee Orchard Road. The sign to it says "Official Business Only". So this was my first look inside this "green" building funded partially by one of the "friends" organizations I belong to. Built in 2007, it is quite a unique structure. I particularly liked the resource library located on the left of the above image.















Here is my fellow trainee, Gary, with his makeshift leg splint. I used his hiking poles and a bunch of stuff that I would likely have found in hikers' packs, to construct this splint.















We treated folks with head wounds during the training. Carl, above, fell out of a tree while hanging a food bag.
















Gary patched me up with this arm splint made with an umbrella, Wal-Mart bags and a bunch of other handy stuff.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...