Saturday, January 23, 2016

Jan 10 Gainesville to Hawthorne State Trail


Today's original plan was to bicycle the entire trail but due to the freezing temperatures in the morning, I had to wait until early afternoon before undertaking the ride. Getting to the trail from Gainesville, required google maps on my phone. Having done that, I pedaled off, only to end up on a dead end spur trail. Finally, back on the right track I rode as far as I dared before turning back. Darkness occurs early, so I didn't wish to ride in darkness with no light.


Much of what I rode through was mixed forest. However, this section had some scenic Cypress swamp. No critters were spotted except one Armadillo. This guy lived in a hole dug under the trail pavement.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...