Saturday, May 23, 2020

Apr 10 Cooper Mtn Hike


Hiking Cooper Mountain Trail requires crossing Hannahs Creek. It almost always is a wet crossing. I knew that and prepared with high boots and gaiters so I didn't get wet. The trails are being used a lot. Robbins Branch looks like a boulevard. A muddy one. A bit more trash than normal too. 


Right by the crossing, I spotted a Crossvine bloom on the ground. Looking up, I could see a wonderful sight. It looked like the tree was blooming.


For a very short period of time, this White Fringetree blooms with its strikingly long wispy petals.


A Nodding Trillium tries to hide under its foliage. 


Foam Flower right next to the creek, trying to catch my attention.


Another bloom trying to hide, this Mayapple looks like it has a Christmas Fern growing from it.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...