Saturday, May 23, 2020

May 1 Checking out Silver Run


Robbins Branch Trail looks like it has hail on it. It is just another Uwharrie quartz deposit. This section of trail has a lot of it at its high point.


To get to Silver Run, you have to figure out which tiny creek on Thornburg Trail is the right one. Or just take any tiny creek, they all end up in Silver Run. This area suffered quite a bit during the wind event last June. Many large oaks uprooted making for many detours as I followed the creek.



Mouse Ear Coreopsis made an appearance for me today.


I walked a long way downstream before I spotted a Jack-in-the-Pulpit and then they were everywhere. I got a bit off track and ended up following some old roads which led me back toward the junction of Thornburg and Robbins Branch trails. That was not what I wanted. Eventually, I got some phone signal and got Geo Tracker fired up, located the trailhead and headed the right way.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...