Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Aug 29 Little Miami Trail


Today's ride was heading south from Xenia. Xenia Station is the hub of this bicycling system. When I rode through, there was no one in the staging area and it was quite a distance before I encountered anyone. That changed throughout the day. I met a lot of people today. I was quite impressed with the display of wildflowers, as seen above. Notable was the bellflower I saw all day as well as woodland sunflowers.


The trail eventually lined up with the Little Miami River which provided an occasional view. Further downriver, canoeists populated the waterway. Outfitters provided rentals and shuttles for those interested in floating.


I kept seeing hops growing trailside. Later I learned local homebrewers were encouraged to grow hops in open and public spaces. So, perhaps that is what was going on.

This interesting spot, below, advertised as the "Spring of Youth" asked for a donation to partake of the spring water. At this point, maybe 30 miles already pedaled, I didn't feel too youthful but I expect it may take a bit for the water to take effect.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...