Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mar 10 Bride is Baptized


This paddle is on the Uwharrie River from Lassiter Mill Bridge to Low Water Bridge at Ophir. My new Daggar kayak needed a good workout. So I enticed my bride to accompany me on this section. She got to ride in the hunk of plastic I used to call a kayak. I could not keep up with her, She paddled down that river without a break. I struggled several time to catch up as she had gone out of sight.

The one rapid on the trip in which you must do a  bit of maneuvering, I managed but the bride did not. The kayak got caught on a log and turned. I heard her yell but didn't see the event take place. After seeing what happened, I can't believe she wasn't injured. Just wet and probably won't paddle with me again. Oh well.   


We did paddle through the native American fish weir toward the end of the float. That was a treat. Water level was low so you could easily see the rocks.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...