Tuesday, June 18, 2013

July 15 Another Spin around Cades Cove


An early start today, just past 6am. There are only a handful of folks out there. On my first go round I saw 30 deer, 7 turkeys and 3 bears. Plus a pretty nice sunrise.


Just at the entrance to Abrams Falls trailhead road, I spotted this bear in the grass. She was just lounging there. Then I noticed she was watching over her two cubs that were running around the branches of the tree right above. They were as agile as cats and about the same size as cats too. 

My first circuit was 1 hour 20 minutes. The next go round was 50 minutes. I felt good and didn't want to stop, so it was as fast as I could go. It worked out to only 13.2 mph.


How do you feel about bicycles with motors being used during the "no motor vehicle" mornings? There are more every year. They hardly make any noise and look like a pack sitting on the back pack frame. The motor is battery operated and may have some recharging capacity when you do pedal. I don't know if the bicycle could be ridden the entire loop without some pedaling. So when the old guy passes you on the hill, check out that humming noise.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...