Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 12 Two Circuits of Cades Cove


On those days motor vehicles aren't released into the cove until 10am, you can bicycle multiple times around the 11 mile loop. I didn't get started this morning until about 6:50. After the first mile the crowd really thinned out. If you can get ahead of everyone, your chances to see wildlife increase. Once the groups get moving in the cove, the critters get chased around by cameras and then decide to head to hills. On my first turn I saw 46 deer, 9 turkeys, 3 coyotes and one bear. I didn't count them on the second turn but saw more deer and turkeys and no coyotes or bear.


Early morning mist will be gone by the second time I pass here.


This is a small graveyard in the middle of a field. It has a fence around it so it is easy to spot. The trees have forced all the unmarked gravestones our of the ground.

My first circuit took 70 minutes. The second circuit was a slower more relaxed pace.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...