Friday, June 21, 2013

June 20 Best Pizza yet


The perfect pizza requires perfect ingredients. I don't make pizza unless I have chanterelles on hand. Usually they are frozen but today I got to use freshly foraged mushrooms from the Uwharrie National Forest.


Show Off


Our best dough is half white flour and half hard red flour. Nanci stretches it across the pizza pan. For me a very thin crust is key so that means more stretching of the dough.


Coordinating all the ingredients: puttanesca sauce, mushrooms, dough rising, oven heating, grass fed ground beef already cooked and mozzarella cheese already grated. Nanci will cook some spinach while the pizza is cooking and add the greens after baking.

I enjoyed this pizza more than any other I have made.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...