Monday, February 3, 2014

Jan 31 Tow String and Smokemont Loop Trails


On my final day of this year's Wilderness Wildlife Week, I'm hiking a couple trails in the Smokemont area. I've been in the area for a week and only hiked on one organized hike. So no exception today. I'm hiking alone again. I don't know if I'd been able to talk anyone into hiking a horse rutted trail with me anyway. Tow String Trail is that trail and it is used almost exclusively by horses. It looks like there are many other abandoned or unmaintained trails in this area. Maybe they just became too rutted to use anymore. It was a forgettable hike on this trail and I was glad to transition to Bradley Fork Trail and finally onto Smokemont Loop Trail.



I liked the hike up and then down this final trail. Near the end I walked through the Bradley Cemetery.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Towstring was my least-liked trail to hike in the Smokies.

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...