Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 10 Charlie's Bunion - The Real One!


Again this morning, I walked from my tent site to the Bradley Fork Trail and beyond. I had intended to hike only up Dry Sluice Trail to the point I entered it yesterday but it was such a nice day, I had to continue on to the AT and Charlie's Bunion.

Above, some Fraser's Sedge in blooming.


For years I have heard there is a "tourist" bunion and the "real" bunion. I never paid attention to which was which. I saw a narrow trail head steeply up. So that is where I went. It was a steep but short climb to the top of this bunion. The views west were spectacular. I stayed here for a bit just enjoying the scene.


I could see people on distant rocks. Other bunions perhaps. Later I asked a friend and was told I had been on the real deal.

Looking East

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...