Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 27 Virginia Creeper Up and Down


That is me more than halfway up the Damascus to Whitetop Station section of the Virginia Creeper Trail. It is not a snake I'm holding. It is my broken chain. I didn't have a spare and didn't have a chain repair kit. So there was only one thing to do. Fortunately, on this trail there is almost constant declivity. On my 11.2 mile coast back into Damascus, I had to walk less than 1/2 mile. The rest of the time I was able to slowly coast. The trail doesn't have enough declivity to coast all the way. I had to lower the seat down to the frame so my feet could touch the ground and push off. 

The bicycle standing in the photo did fine on the continuation of the ride. However, Shari's bicycle came free of the car carrier on I-77 and bounced to the shoulder. I'm told it is a total loss. Were you able to save the chain? I could use it.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...