Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 12 Rabbit Creek & Hannah's Mountain


Both of these trails represent new trail for me. I walked Wet Bottom Trail first. I have no idea why it is called "wet bottom".

Then there was a ankle deep crossing of Abrams Creek. I think I crossed Rabbit Creek at some point too but there wasn't much of interest on this trail. Once I got on Hannah Mountain Trail, it was a smooth, pine needle cushioned walk. I could have walked barefoot for long sections. However, it was raining today and my sandals were wet and eventually wore a couple blisters into one foot. 


There were a couple big trees and a couple views of Gregory Bald. Otherwise, it was just a pleasant trail to hike. At the Parsons Branch trailhead, I met my companions after their hike up to the bald for azalea viewing.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...