Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 20 Grilled Pizza


Everyone is grilling pizza on outdoor grills. I'm ready to take the plunge and join in. I know it is not a forno, but a gas grill should be able to cook pizza too. Here are the ingredients for the dough. I'm making extra because I think I'll need a thicker crust when grilling. 


Do all the regular dough procedures as normal. Then when the dough has risen you are ready to go. I stretched out the dough into four pizzas and refrigerated them. This seemed to make things easier as the process really speeds up when grilling. I could only cook one at a time. Just put it right on the grill and it bakes. Of course it is tricky getting a nice thin and flat piece of dough on the grill. For that reason, I recommend using a pan to start the dough on. After is bakes into a stiff piece, it can be moved onto the grill au natural. After just a couple minutes, it can be removed, flipped over and all the ingredients can be added. Mine had lots of ground beef, chanterelles and spinach. Then it is just 5 minutes or less on the grill for it to be ready. So, when doing four, it is fast paced. The end result is a much crispier crust - not gooey when there is raw dough under all the moisture laden ingredients. Red wine helps in any case.


No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...