Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 13 Roundtop Trail


One of my final trails to complete on the Tennessee side, Roundtop, involves an "over the boot" trail crossing of Little River. The sign above alerts you to that. My mother-in-law might think that sign refers to a card game, banned in the smokies. No Mahjong here either. Head over to Cherokee for that nonsense. 

This trail was originally part of the Boundary Trail which bordered the park on the Tennessee side. Thus, I was able to see several of the latest "No Trespassing" signs. 


You can clearly see there is a million dollar reward for information regarding damage to any aspect of the property. I'm planning to turn in the pine beetles that destroyed this tree. I'll rat on those pesky Pilated Woodpeckers too. I couldn't find any adelgids but those guys are on my list as well. 


No carpet or floor covering can come close to the beauty of this moss on the rocks.


I catch a glimpse of the river I'll need to wade across. Once I got down to the river, I could clearly see a line to cross it. It required a upstream diagonal route. It was just barely above my knees. I'd look for this to be higher most of the rest of the year.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...