Saturday, May 14, 2011

April30 Cotswold Way to Painswick




This morning I started with wonderful breakfast prepared at California Farm. The bacon was cured locally. Although it looked like country ham it did not have a salty taste at all. There was dew in the grass and I saw many large snails. I assume these are the snails folks forage for a tasty appetizer. Also I saw many black slugs which did not look very tasty. The snails didn't either to be truthful.


More hills today. Lots of pastures and field to cross. And another golf course was part of the trail.



Painswick is a rather large village with 2 pubs and a couple bistros as well as a number of B&B's. I stayed at Tibbiwell Lodge. Is that an English name? I met a couple locals in the pub and had a great evening.

A Belted Galloway

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...