Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 2 Cotswold Way from Old Sodbury




A new plan developed this morning. My ankles were so inflamed with heat rash, I had to wear sandals. Knowing I could not make it to Bath in 2 days - about 40 miles, I opted to get a ride to Old Sodbury, about 20 miles down the trail and continue from there. So that is what I did. 


Old Sodbury was a small village and I was soon out of it and back in pastureland. The village of Tormarton was beautiful. I enjoyed walking through it. 


I managed to get to my destination in Pennsylvania by mid afternoon. The b&b was next to a busy highway so there was a bit of noise. However, there was a gas station/convenience store next door so I was able to get some cider and snacks. that evening I learned the local pub was closed but there was a farm nearby that provided meals. I made arrangements to eat at the farm. It was about 1/2 mile away - just a short walk through a field. The meal was nothing special but it was better than gas station snacks.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...