Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 1 Cotswold Way Painswick to Dursley







I started out rather early today. the trail narrowed down between a couple homes, as shown above. Not far from here I passed the halfway point of the trail. There were more longbarrows, round barrows and hilltop forts today. I encountered lots of folks on the trail today.

 The hilltop scenes were great today. It was relatively clear and you could see yellow fields of rapeseed far in the distance. It was during today's hike, I started really having difficulty with the hot spots on my ankles. I think they were due to the synthetic material in my socks. I limped into Dursely.

The place I had booked was near town and directions were given. However, I had a great deal of difficulty finding the place. As I was wandering around downtown, an elderly woman asked if I wanted some tea. I replied I was looking for Shakespeare Inn and she said something about having tea and then going there. I didn't know what to do so I eventually went along with her to the town hall to have some tea. As we entered, the proprietor of the inn greeted me and introduced me to her elderly sister whom had dragged me there. So I had afternoon tea and then caught a ride out to the inn which was about a mile out of town.

I evaluated my option this evening. My ankles were red and sore and I didn't think I could put my boots back on. I all but decided to take the train from town to Bath in the morning.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...