Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 3 Cotswold Way into Bath




The small village of Cold Ashton was the first area I walked through today. It was as picturesque as the Cotswolds get. Next I crossed a busy highway and then was onto a small country lane. Several vehicles came along and I had to step into the hedgerows to get out of the way.


Scenic views were the theme today. All the way into Bath there were great views. The city I saw most of the day was Bristol not Bath. the final couple miles turned toward Bath and it was finally in my sights. The fellows I met the night before at the farmhouse dinner, came along and we walked together into Bath. The trail signs into Bath gave out long before the center of town. I managed to find the way with maps.




I finally found the place I had booked and it was not the best place but I understand Bath is an expensive place and people pay lots of cash to stay in less desirable locales.

No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...