Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 17 Little Pilot Mountain

This photo sums it up

Little Pilot Mountain was my respite for many years. It is a mile and a half walk from my backdoor. Half of that is on our property and half on an adjacent landowner's. During the past few years, there has been so much four wheeler traffic on that property, I have not wanted to venture that way. So for this walk, I left the house as soon as it was light.

The litter was horrendous. New trails had have been cut in so many places. Mud holes are forming and trails cut around them. I'm afraid this property will never be restored. 30 years ago, you rarely ever saw a food wrapper or beer can. Now there is trash of all sorts. It looks like someone has dumped some broken windows with frames recently. I'm not looking forward to the future for this area.


No comments:

Apr 20 Waterwall on Walker Creek

  Waterwalls redirect floodwater back into the creekbed. There is one very near the Uwharrie Trail on the Walker Creek section. This one is ...