Friday, November 27, 2020

Nov 24 TRLT Outdoor Challenge Day 24

 Birkhead / Camp 3 Loops from Thornburg Trailhead


Another way to hike the Birkhead loop. Today I'm hiking from Thornburg and incorporating the Camp 3 nd Birkhead loops with a twist. Once again I'm taking the Old Road Trail.


Camp 3 Trail is much easier to follow than it was a few days ago. The fresh leaves have been trampled a few times and now easy to see where the trail goes. I cut a better path through the massive blowdown near Split Rock.


As I made my return on Thornburg Trail, I could hear the thud of axe blows. An old fellow (older than me) was blasting his axe through a huge Red Oak which has been in the trail for most of this year. Thank you sir.


The bridge over Betty McGee Creek took another hit last week. It is still serving as a bridge but for how long?






No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...