Friday, November 27, 2020

Nov 27 TRLT Outdoor Challenge Day 27

 Camp 3 Trail Work Day


Early morning fog at Coolers Knob

Split Rock


The last day of the Three Rivers Land Trust's Outdoor Virtual Challenge. My goal is to reach 200 miles and I need just over 7 miles to do it. I tried to keep my miles on hiking trails but I did amass about 6 greenway garbage miles in the process. And visited several new hiking venues. Visited some ones I have not been to in a while, as well. Today is a working hike. I have my saw with me and got to take it out of its sheath 5 times.

Lions Mane Fungus




I could not clear this one completely but you can easily step over the trees on the trail now.


This is one of the blowdown the SAWS crew took out last year. However, one of the overhead branches has sagged down low enough even I have to duck to get by. Perhaps the one branch above will sag over time too. 






No comments:

Apr 24 Riles Creek Paddle

  Riles Creek drains into Tuckertown Reservoir. Today's paddle was organized by Crystal and most of these Photos were taken with her zoo...